22 People Arrested in Retail Theft Sting
Orland Park police worked with local retail security, officers from neighboring towns and the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office to go after theft crews earlier in the month.
Local law enforcement working a retail theft sting in the Orland Park area arrested 22 people earlier in November, and recovered $18,270 worth of stolen items.
The Orland Park Police Department conducted what they described as a “retail theft initiative” on Nov. 8 and 9 with the help of officers from 12 different law enforcement agencies, retail store security and the Cook County State’s Attorney Regional Organized Crime Unit, according to a release from the police department.
Of the 22 people arrested, 12 were charged with felonies and 10 were charged with misdemeanors. One person was arrested in Tinley Park by the Tinley Park Police Department, according to the release.
Where exactly the arrests occurred, what was stolen and at what time during the two days was not specified.
The “covert operation,” as it was described, happens periodically to target organized theft groups, according to the release.
The following adults were charged:
- Jasmine Dabbs, 19, of Orland Hills, was charged with theft.
- Andrew Mendez, 23, of Chicago, was charged with theft.
- Lane Patrick, 33, of Chicago, was charged with three counts of felony identity theft.
- Tiffany McEwen, 23, of Chicago, was charged with retail theft.
- Richard Ivnik, 26, of Lockport, was charged with an unspecified drug offense.
- Adam Sonne, 23, of Tinley Park, was charged with retail theft (arrested by Tinley Park Police).
- Omosunuaola Femidada, 20, of Country Club Hills, was charged with forgery and driving with a suspended license.
- Monique Carter, 22, of Chicago, was charged with theft.
- Eona Adams, 23, of Chicago, was charged with theft.
- Jacqueline Vaughn, 19, of St. Anne, was charged with theft.
- Ebonee Johnson, 27, of Chicago, was charged with theft.
- Tasia Ford, 23, of Chicago, was charged with theft and obstruction.
- Debra Horner, 57, of Orland Park, was charged with theft.
- Fantasha Evans, 27, of Chicago, was charged with theft, as well as fleeing and eluding.
- Ebony McClain, 26, of Chicago, was charged with theft.
- Leannett Scott, 37, of Sauk Village, was charged with theft.
- Ingrid Shoat, 45, of Park Forest, was charged with theft.
Police report information is provided by law enforcement agencies, including the Orland Park Police Department. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.
Looking for more crime stories?