A Pizza Deal For Leap Day
Old Town Pizza Co. is offering a once-every-four orders deal only today, in honor of the only Feb. 29 every four years.
An Orland Park pizzeria has a unique deal going today only, coinciding with the rare Feb. 29 date known as Leap Day.
Old Town Pizza Co., 11128 W 179th St., is offering a free order to every fourth order placed with them Wednesday. While they were at it, owners Jonathan and Brianna Cowan came up with an amusing list of “29 Reasons to Love Old Town Pizza,” touting such details as the fiber benefits of eating a delivery box and the pleasure of a cheesy Italian beef pizza.
1. Because every 4th order is free today! Leap year only happens once every 4 years, after all.
2. Because we make our dough fresh daily. You know, with flour, eggs & all that jazz.
3. Because we put the pizza, and the party, in pizza party.
4. Because there’s no factory-style, conveyer oven here! We only use an authentic deck oven.
5. Because our employees are ridiculously awesome.
6. Because we now accept all competitor coupons. How’s that for a bailout?
7. Because our pizza makes a compelling case for eating together as a family.
8. Because we only use fresh, uncooked sausage on our pizzas.
9. Because you don’t cook.
10. Because you do cook, but you don’t feel like it.
11. Because we have 552 pizza possibilities. Yes, we did the math.
12. Because you get rewarded for buying our pizza. That's what you get for having great taste.
13. Because, around here, frozen is the f-word.
14. Because our pizza can satisfy carnivores and herbivores in one fell swoop.
15. Because, on our most recent menu, we lowered all of our pizza prices.
16. Because we’re a small, local business.
17. Because our delivery driver will probably beat the police to your house.
18. Cheesy beef pizza. Enough said.
19. Because everyone can agree on pizza for dinner, even you finicky folk.
20. Because if you don’t eat the pizza crust, your dog certainly will.
21. Because when you have leftovers, you also have breakfast.
22. Because we support local causes, like the Bridge Teen Center.
23. Because we now have online ordering. Look us up at work. We won’t tell.
24. Because we guarantee you’ll love our pizza, or we’ll refund every penny.
25. Because we even guarantee our competitor’s pizza. It’s our Ultimate Pizza Guarantee.
26. Because our cardboard pizza box is recyclable. Or, if ingested, a good source of fiber.
27. Because along with vine-ripened tomatoes and fresh basil, our pizza sauce recipe calls for love.
28. Because pizza for dinner means no dishes. You’re welcome.
29. Because every 4th order is free today! Yep, this reason’s so good, it's on the list TWICE.
Know of any other interesting items happening in relation to Leap Day? Tell us in the comments.