Addiction Counselor: ‘The Face of Heroin in the 1970s Isn’t the Face Today’ (Video)
Four specialists in addiction treatment offered views on the how drug use is changing among teens, especially heroin and prescription drug abuse. This is the second of three videos produced by the village on the issue.
In the second of a three-part video series about area drug use, four drug treatment specialists talk about what leads teens and young adults to use hard drugs, and what can be done to prevent the rising trends.
Panel members in the second video include:
- Kathy Burke, CEO of Robert Crown Center for Health and Education
- Mary Eagan, Rosecrance Treatment Centers Addiction Counselor
- Kathy Passafiume, Orland Township Youth and Family Services Director
- Alison Bautcher, Orland Township Prevention Coordinator
Orland Park Police Deputy Chief Jerry Hughes hosted the discussion.
Looking for more about area drug use and treatment options?
- Police Chief: ‘We Are Seeing an Increase in Deaths As a Result of Heroin’ (Video)
- Fire Chief Urges Parents, Teachers to Talk to Kids About Drugs Now (Video)
- Lockport Grad Recalls Friends Lost to Drugs (Video)
- In the Blink of an Eye: Stories of Lives Lost to Drugs and Alcohol (Video)
- Drug Treatment and Job Training Facility Looking for Permanence
- What Orland Park Police Are Seeing Related to Heroin Use