A person asked me the other day what is behind all the talk about Small Business Saturday?
I would say it’s about celebrating the unique and singular establishments in town that help make living here desirable. Over time, we are likely to shop nearby, and if we can find places we’re happy with, it saves resources and builds up the area.
For that reason, Orland Park Patch has been featuring local businesses in a few different ways.
The easiest way to find out about our latest business news, hover your mouse over the ‘News’ tab on our homepage and click ‘business.’ Or you can click on this handy link we have for you.
Check on our site every Monday for our Comings and Goings column, written by Bob Bong, that recaps openings, closings and other business news both in Orland and Tinley Park.
Here is our column from this week:
We also regularly run job openings at area businesses.
We also asked people to vote for their favorite area businesses.
Here is a list of local businesses who run Facebook pages.
And here are a few other business stories on Orland Park Patch.
- Eva’s Bridals of Oak Lawn Opening Second Location in Orland Park
- ‘We’re Ecstatic’: Miroballi Shoes Opens New Orland Park Location
- 'A Peeling' New Cafe in Orland Park: Blissful Banana
- Economy, Construction Not Slowing Shelander From Opening New Shop
- Papa Joe's After The Fire
- The Irish Patriot Opens in Time for St. Patrick’s Day
- RoccoVino’s Offers Traditional Italian with a Modern Twist
- Find the 'Proof' at New Vodka Distillery
- Bloomingfield’s Florist Move Presents New Opportunities, Challenges
- John Mackey and Family Open New Pub At ‘Spur of Moment’
- Lessons in Business from the Owners of Old Town Pizza Company
Look for other businesses and proprietors in town in our business listing directory to find out more about what they have to offer.
For example, learn about State Farm Agent Paul Siano.