Police Chief: ‘We Are Seeing an Increase in Deaths As a Result of Heroin’ (Video)
Area police, fire and health officials served as a panel in the first of a three part video series, produced by the village, delving into the rising trend of heroin use locally, and what it will take to quell the growing abuse.
In part one of a three-part video series, local emergency service administrators offer views on the rising trend of heroin use in Orland Park and nearby towns.
Panel members include:
- Orland Park Police Chief Tim McCarthy
- Orland Fire Chief Ken Brucki
- Palos Community Hospital Medical Director of Emergency Medicine Dr. Mark Netzel
- Silver Cross Hospital Medical Director of Emergency Medicine Dr. Silvio Morales
Orland Park Police Deputy Chief Jerry Hughes hosted the discussion.
Looking for more about area drug use and treatment options?
- Fire Chief Urges Parents, Teachers to Talk to Kids About Drugs Now (Video)
- Lockport Grad Recalls Friends Lost to Drugs (Video)
- In the Blink of an Eye: Stories of Lives Lost to Drugs and Alcohol (Video)
- Drug Treatment and Job Training Facility Looking for Permanence
- What Orland Park Police Are Seeing Related to Heroin Use