Restaurants and Stores That Will Cook Thanksgiving Dinner for You
We've got you covered with a list of local restaurants and grocery stores that can get you out of the kitchen and back to your family this holiday.
A luscious turkey, all of the trimmings and dessert are what most of us look forward to for dinner on Thanksgiving. For those who are responsible for the preparation, this task can be daunting. Hours spent in the kitchen to make it all possible may be a role that not all are thankful for.
Would you rather have dinner made for you this Thanksgiving? Here is a handy list of restaurants and grocery stores that are willing to do the cooking for you.
15350 94th Avenue (708) 349-6262
Buca Di Beppo is open from 11am-8pm on Thanksgiving Day and still had open reservations as of Saturday morning, mainly after 4pm.
Small Dinner (serves 3) $45
Large Dinner (serves 6) $90
- Turkey w/ gravy
- Garlic mashed potatoes
- Green beans
- Whole berry Cranberry Sauce
- Stuffing with spicy Italian sausage
- Mint Chocolate cannolis for dessert
Thanksgiving-to-go party pans available as well.
- Dinner for 10 $135
- Dinner for 20 $250
Carry out orders must be placed and confirmed by 9pm on Monday, November 19th.
14438 John Humphrey Drive
For truly traditional Thanksgiving fare, Café Gaston offers a carry-out Thanksgiving dinner serving 6-8 people for $114.99.
- 10-14LB. turkey
- Mashed Potatoes & Candied Yams
- Creamed Corn
- Cranberry Sauce
- 12 Bread Sticks
- 10" pumpkin pie
Orders must be placed by 4pm on Monday, November 19th. Deposit is required.
Orders can be picked up between 11am and 2pm on Thanksgiving Day.
15690 South Harlem Avenue
Cooper’s Hawk will be open Thanksgiving day from 11:30am-8:30 pm.
Reservations are required and as of Saturday morning, tables were still available after 6pm. Thanksgiving Feast dine-in menu price is $27.99 for adults and $9.99 for children under 12 years old.
Carry out dinners are available when ordered by the end of business day on Sunday, November 18th.
Cost for dinner to serve 8-10 people is $199.99 and includes:
- House Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Slow-roasted Fresh Amish Turkey with Pan Gravy and Herb Stuffing
- Wisconsin Smoked Ham with Mustard Cream
- Signature Potatoes
- Cranberry Sauce
- Creamed Sweet Corn
- Creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake
16154 S La Grange Rd
Open Thanksgiving Day 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Three course meal costs $16.99/adult and $8.99/children includes:
- Entrée (turkey, stuffing, potatoes)
- Dessert (pumpkin pie or bread pudding)
15410 South 94th Avenue
94 West is once again offering three different seatings for their Thanksgiving Feast Buffet. 11:30am-1:30pm and 1:45pm-3:45pm are the Brunch Buffet seatings. Dinner seating begins at 3:45pm, ending at 5:45pm.
Reservations are required and as of Saturday morning, plenty of dining times were still open with more plentiful seating at the earlier seating times.
Children: $14.95 (children under 5 are free)
No carry-out dinners are offered.
The brunch buffet will include breakfast items in addition to the dinner buffet menu of:
- Turkey w/gravy
- Green beans
- Praline Sweet Potatoes
- Various traditional side dishes
- Chicken Vesuvio
- Beef Tenderlion Tips
- Smoked Salmon
- Snow Crab Legs and much more
15701 S 71st Ct
The deli at Meijer offers prepared meals for the holidays and said that there is no deadline for placing orders, but asks that customers call to see if any dinners remain before coming in to pick up.
• $35.99 Butterball 10-12 pound turkey, stuffing and gravy
• $47.99 Butterball 10-12 pound turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, stuffing and green bean casserole
• Traditional pies are available for an added charge
Editor's note: Jewel and Whole Foods set Sunday deadlines for prepared meal pickups.
9352 W 159th St.
708-403-6920 (This location is open 24 Hours)
17930 Wolf Rd
708-479-1573 (Open on Thanksgiving 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Jewel will gladly do the cooking for you as well and the ladies in the deli ask that you have your orders in by the end of the day on Sunday, November, 18th.
On Saturday morning, only 20 turkeys remained at this location. All orders must be picked up on by 3pm on Thanksgiving Day. Allow ample time to reheat once brought home.
• $49.99 Includes turkey (10-12 lb.) with mashed potatoes, gravy and stuffing
• $69.99 Includes turkey (10-12 lb.) with mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, pie (apple, Dutch apple or pumpkin) and rolls
15260 S. LaGrange Road
The new Whole Foods store is another great option offering Thanksgiving dinner to go.
- Whole Roasted Midwest-Raised Turkey*
- Classic Mashed Potatoes
- Traditional Herb Stuffing
- Green Beans with Shallots and Fresh Herbs
- Organic Fresh Cranberry Relish
- Organic Homemade Turkey Gravy
Small: $89.99, Serves 4 and includes a 6–8 lb turkey; all sides 1.5 lbs except Green Beans (1 lb), 1 pint Cranberry Relish, 24 oz Gravy.
Large: $119.99, Serves 6 and includes a 10–12 lb turkey; all sides 2.5 lbs except Green Beans (2 lbs), 1 pint Cranberry Relish, 48 oz Gravy.
* Pre-roasted turkeys require approximately 2 hours to reheat and brown in the oven.
All orders must be in by noon on Sunday, November 18th.
Know of other restaurants and stores offering to cook Thanksgiving dinner? Tell us in the comments!