For Your Smart Phone: The Homemade Orland Park Patch App
Patch isn't just for your laptop or home computer. You can make it an app on your iPhone or Android phone as well.
There's more than one way to Patch things up on a day-to-day basis. Introducing the Patch app, made by you.
If you have an iPhone or an Android, you're probably very app-friendly at this point. Correct? If resource is not an app on your phone, you're probably not visiting it on a regular basis. Also correct?
Well, here is an awesome way to keep Patch at your fingertips for quick looks at the local news, sports scores and weekend events.
For iPhone users...
- Open the Safari Internet browser and type in orlandpark.patch.com.
- Once the page opens, press the "+" sign on the bottom toolbar.
- Press the option that reads "Add to Home Screen".
- After pressing the "Add to Home Screen" option, you'll have to name your app. You can name it whatever you want—"South Burbs' Greatest News Source", "My Go-To Source for Orland Events" or "Coolest Thing on the Net"—but we suggest Orland Park Patch.
- And there you have it, Orland Park Patch is now at your fingertips wherever you go with your iPhone.
for Android users...
- Open your web browser and type in orlandpark.patch.com.
- Once the page is open, bookmark the web page.
- After bookmarking the orlandpark.patch.com, go back to your home screen and long-press in an empty space, which should bring you to the "Add to Home Screen" menu.
- Select the button "Shotcuts".
- Select the button "Bookmark".
- Choose which bookmark you'd like to add to the home screen.
- Congrats! You know have an all-empowering tool on your phone to look up awesome Orland Park and Orland Hills events on or to make important announcements!
Thank Patch Associate Regional Editor Brian Feldt for the user-friendly instructions.