The National Weather Service in Chicago issued a hazardous weather warning for tonight and throughout Friday morning.
Three to six inches of snow is expected to fall throughout the late Thursday evening and into Friday morning, as well as potential lightening. The precipitation may turn into freezing rain by dawn Friday for areas along and south of I-80.
Increased wind speeds may cause blowing snow and decreased visibility, so drivers are urged to use caution on the road, especially during the Friday morning commute.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on local news:
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Man Caught Trying to Open Car Roof with Knife
- Coroner Reveals Scheidegger had Alcohol in his System During Fatal Crash
- Orland Park Woman and Service Dog Don Matching Cap and Gown
- Second Suspect Wanted in Friday Home Invasion and Shooting
- Judge Won't Raise Alleged Orland Park Wife-Killer's $2 Million Bond