Christmas falling on a Sunday makes travel a little bit easier, and doesn’t cut into the regular work week.
But this means today might not necessarily be business as usual, as it is the observed holiday. Check our list before you head out on your errands. It’s also always a good idea to call ahead.
- Bank lobbies and drive-ups will be closed, except TCF, which will hold regular Monday hours.
- Chain restaurants will be open regular hours (Applebee’s, Chili’s, Olive Garden, Red Lobster).
- Coffee joints (Starbucks, Caribou) are open regular hours.
- Government offices are closed, including Orland Park and Orland Hills.
- Malls are open, including Orland Square Mall.
- Metra follows the Sunday/Holiday schedule on Monday.
- Need an oil change? Jiffy Lube and Valvoline Instant Oil Change shops are open (but check with your local mechanic before heading over).
- Orland Park’s post office, and all others, are closed.
- Public libraries are closed.
- Target and Kmart are open regular hours.
Note about Metra: The regular Saturday schedule will be in effect on December 31, with the exception of trains departing after midnight on December 31st. Trains will be held at the downtown terminals until 1:15 a.m. to accommodate passengers attending New Years Eve events in downtown Chicago.
Looking for more holiday stories?