Invite a friend
Friends of the Orland Park Public Library Reception
National Friends of the Library Week (October 21-27) will begin with a thank you to the Friends of the Orland Park Public Library for their support. Entertainment will be provided by Mike Knauf and Die Musikmeisters Band. The band's repertoire includes polkas, waltzes, marches and dance music. Tap your feet to your favorite music, enjoy great food and sign up to be a Friend!
The Friends support the library each year by purchasing the completion prizes for the summer reading program (Did you get your insulated lunch bag this summer?) and with a generous donation for library programming. You can support the Friends by becoming a member. Annual memberships start at just $5. All memberships are year-to-date, so you can join any time. By joining, you support adult, teen and youth programming. Visit the Friends website at orlanparklibrary.org/support.htm.
More About Orland Park Public Library
The Orland Park Public Library provides area residents with access to about 180,000 books, recordings, movies, reference materials and guides. The 93,000 square foot building could pass for a museum with its rotating art galleries, or a glimpse into the future with floor-to-ceiling windows and metal columns.
The library is a member of the Metropolitan Library System, which offers access to about 70 different libraries' collections throughout the southwest suburbs. OPPL provides rotating classes for all ages, outreach for seniors and homebound residents, support with computers, downloadable books, reference services and other varied events within the building.
Other events here
- Friday Film Series: Lincoln Tomorrow, May 24, 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Cozy Corner Bedtime Storytime Weekly on Fridays, 7:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Pinterest Basics Tomorrow, May 24, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Gmail Advanced Wed, May 29, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Salsa and Latin Line Dancing with Melanie May 8, 2013 / May 15, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / May 29, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 12, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Have Book - Will Travel Summer Reading Program Daily,
- Writers Group Wed, Jun 5, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Hooks & Needles June 5, 2013 / June 19, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Meet the Artist: alan Salabert Fri, Jun 7, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- eReference @ OPPL: Polaris Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm