A wise individual once said it’s never too late to change. While whoever first said that probably didn’t understand the pain Chicago Bears fans might feel while watching a Super Bowl that doesn’t include our team, this person still makes a point. We can certainly enjoy watching Green Bay get stomped while appreciating the Steelers for doing so, even if we don’t really root for them.
With that in mind, we introduce Patch Picks. Every Thursday at 3 p.m., we will offer a list of events, specials, places to go for assorted enjoyment and things to do with your time not at home. For our first, we present you a few places where you could enjoy the Super Bowl as much as a Bears fan can under these circumstances.
- : $2.75 house beers, $3 drink specials and $5 appetizers. Still staying home? Call ahead to order beer and food packages.
- Danny’s Corner: Free buffet during halftime.
- : $7 domestic pitchers, $3 Summer Shandy or Berry Weis bottles, $3 Bloody Marys, $2 apple pie shots
- : Free buffet at halftime.
- : $50 package deal including open bar from kick off until the end of regulation game and a dinner buffet. Dinner buffet by itself is $17.99.
Look for Patch Picks every Thursday at 3 p.m.