The survey was mailed to 3,000 randomly selected homes, and about 31 percent participated. Approximately 90 percent of survey respondents ranked their experience in Orland Park as positive. The results were detailed during a village board meeting Monday night, and are now posted on the village website.
Get a glimpse at what residents love, and what they think needs improvement.
The Perks of OP, By the Numbers
- 97 percent: pleased with police, fire and ambulance/EMT services
- 95 percent of respondents feel safe in their neighborhood
- 91 percent satisfied with shopping
- 90 percent feel secure in the community as a whole
- 89 percent say Orland Park is well-kept and clean
- 85 percent were pleased with the customer service provided by the village
- 85 percent happy with available k-12 education
- 84 percent think the village is in good economic health
- 72 percent are happy with available paths and walking trails
- 71 percent say leaders have a strong sense of direction
- 11—the number of percentage points increase in people who like Orland Park enough to stay, from 2012 numbers.
- 9 in 10 respondents rated Orland Park’s overall image, their neighborhoods, Orland Park as a place to raise children favorably
What Residents Think Needs Work
- 70 percent find Orland Park residents "neighborly"
- 68 percent of residents rated ease of travel favorably (La Grange Road, we're looking at you)
- 64 percent think Orland Park is a good place to retire
- 13 percent of respondents have reached out to village officials at some point
- Half said it's affordable to live in Orland Park, and the same percentage found the job market favorable.