Orland Park is going into a deep freeze.
The National Weather Service is predicting a high of -16 degrees on Monday, with wind chills between -40 and -50 degrees. Tuesday isn’t looking much better with a high of 0 degrees and 15 mph winds.
As a result, local schools announced closures.
All schools will be closed on Monday, according to an email blast sent to parents.
An institute day for Sandburg, Stagg and Andrew staff on Monday has been cancelled, and classes are scheduled to start on Tuesday as of Sunday evening. No afterschool activities will be held on Monday.
All schools are closed and all after school activities are cancelled on Monday.
All schools are closed and all before and after school activities are cancelled on Monday.
The following schools and classes also will be cancelled on Monday:
- Christian Hills School
- Mi Sol Montessori Spanish Immersion Pre School
- Parkview Christian Preschool and Kindergarten
- Robert Morris University
- Southwest Cooperative
- St. Francis of Assisi (closed Monday and Tuesday)
- St. Michael School
- St. Michael Church religious classes
- Cardinal Joseph Bernardin Catholic School
- Village of Orland Park Recreation Department preschool, lunch and early childhood enrichment classes
- ITT Technical Institute
- St. Elizabeth Seton Religious Education
Other Closures and Business UpdatesSeveral area businesses and organizations also will be closed Monday:
- Blissful Banana Cafe
- Jean Therapy
- The Bridge Teen Center
- Calvary Church
- Faith United Methodist Church
- Naf Naf Grill
Cafe Gaston is offering free soup from noon until 7 p.m. Monday. Find out more details on Cafe Gaston's Facebook page.
- Facing the Deep-Freeze: Safety Tips for the Family, House & Car
- Shoveling Snow? Learn to Protect Your Back from Injury
- Village of Orland Park snow removal and street parking information
Keep track of the weather and emergency alerts with our interactive map up top.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on local news: