Big crowds at shopping centers mean clogged roadways, and that can certainly be the case near . Construction nearby at LaGrange Road and 143rd Street hasn’t helped the flow of traffic, but we have a few driving suggestions to lessen your holiday madness.
The village’s portion of roadwork around the intersection has been completed, according to Director Ed Wilmes. However, the Illinois Department of Transportation is still wrapping up its efforts at the intersection, and also has a contractor working on a new Metra overpass north of the intersection.
With that in mind, here are a few suggestions for getting in the mall area, courtesy of Wilmes. Also, try our interactive map above to plan your own route.
From the North
- Go east on 143rd to John Humphrey Drive and turn right
From the South
- Head north on 94th Avenue directly into the mall parking lot
- Head north on Ravinia Avenue and turn right at 147th, 149th or 151st streets
From the East
- Harlem to 143rd Street, head west and turn left onto John Humphrey Drive
- Harlem to 151st Street, head west and turn right on 94th Avenue right into the mall parking lot
From the West
- Head into Orland on Wolf Road, then take 153rd Street east to Ravinia Avenue, turn left, and then turn right at 147th, 149th or 151st streets