1. Lincoln-Way East (9-0): Playoff football is a Lincoln-Way East staple. The Griffins are itching to get started. Last week: No. 1. Tonight: vs. Plainfield South, 7.
2. Marist (7-2): Marist riding a high after posting back-to-back wins over Carmel and Joliet Catholic. Last week: No. 3. Tonight: vs. Homewood-Flossmoor, 7.
3. Brother Rice (6-3): Will Brother Rice’s tough regular-season schedule make a difference now? Last week: Unranked. Tonight: vs. Sandburg, 7.
4. Sandburg (6-3): Sandburg will need another big effort to stop the Crusaders’ explosive backfield tandem: Walker-squared? Last Week: No. 5. Tonight: at Brother Rice, 7.
5. Lincoln-Way West (7-2): Lincoln-Way West, making its second straight playoff appearance under coach Mark Vander Kooi, is hitting its stride. Look for the Warriors to open up their offense a bit here. Last Week: No. 4. Tonight: at Joliet Catholic Academy, 7.
(Covering the following Patch communities: Chicago Heights, Evergreen Park, Frankfort, Homewood-Flossmoor, Mokena, New Lenox, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Palos, Tinley Park and the neighboring private schools that draw students from those communities).