Officers ran a "roadside safety check" from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Oct. 25, Orland Park police said.
Cops made five arrests and issued 53 citations during the four-hour period in the 15400 block of LaGrange Road.
A total of 267 vehicles were directed into the checkpoint, police said.
Three people were charged with driving without a license, one was accused of driving with a suspended license and another person faces charges of possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia.Here's a breakdown of the citations:
- Seat belt violations - 15
- Insurance violations - 6
- Equipment violations - 22
- Use of electronic devices in a construction zone - 3
- Obstructed driver's side window - 1
- Expired registration - 1
- Failing to notify the Secretary of State of an address change - 4
- Failing to yield to an emergency vehicle - 1