An elderly Orland Park woman died Thursday after her robe caught fire while she was at home.
The Orland Fire Protection District was called about a house fire in the 15700 block of Brassie Court around 6:20 a.m. Wednesday, according to a report by Sun Times Media.
Amelia Lulich, 85, had been making something on her stove when her robe caught fire, and she sustained severe burns in the middle of her body, according to the report.
She was declared dead 8:15 p.m. Thursday, and he death is considered an accident, according to the report.
No foul play is suspected.
Looking for more fire stories?
- Light Fixture Sparks Small Fire At Orland Square Mall
- 2 Males Rescued from Retention Pond in Tinley Park
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on local news: