While many of northern Illinois' congressional races left little in the way of doubt, a few provided down-to-the-wire drama and competitiveness. Judy Biggert and Bill Foster were in a dead heat as Election Day approached, with Foster emerging victorious, according to unofficial totals. And Joe Walsh and Tammy Duckworth engaged in a bitter mudfest, with Walsh being tossed out by voters.
Jesse Jackson Jr. didn't campaign at all, citing health issues, yet won-reelection, and Adam Kinzinger, Dan Lipinski, Danny Davis and Peter Roskam didn't feel they had to.
Coverage of the various congressional races can be viewed throughout the Patch network.
- Bobby Rush (D) vs. Don Peloquin (R): 1st District. On Orland Park Patch
- Jesse Jackson Jr. (D) vs. Brian Woodworth (R) and Marcus Lewis (I): 2nd District. On Chicago Heights Patch
- Dan Lipinski (D) vs. Richard Grabowski (R): 3rd District. On Oak Lawn Patch
- Mike Quigley (D) vs. Dan Schmidt (R): 5th District. On Elmhurst Patch
- Leslie Coolidge (D) vs. Peter Roskam (R): 6th District. On Wheaton Patch
- Danny Davis (D) vs. Rita Zak (R): 7th District. On Forest Park Patch
- Tammy Duckworth (D) vs. Joe Walsh (R): 8th District. On Palatine Patch
- Jan Schakowsky (D) vs. Timothy Wolfe (R): 9th District. On Evanston Patch
- Brad Schneider (D) vs. Robert Dold (R): 10th District. On Buffalo Grove Patch
- Bill Foster (D) vs. Judy Biggert (R): 11th District. On Darien Patch
- Dennis Anderson (D) vs. Randy Hultgren (R): 14th District. On Geneva Patch
- Wanda Rohl (D) vs. Adam Kinzinger (R): 16th District. On Channahon-Minooka Patch