Carl Sandburg High School
Main: 708-671-3100. Attendance: 708-671-3195 and 708-671-3196
Carl Sandburg High School is a public school for students from Orland Park, Orland Hills, Park Forest, Tinley Park and Palos Park. Part of District 230, the "Home of the Eagles" has prepared teenage students for adult life since 1954.
Sandburg High School is home to a multitude of athletic, scholastic and performing-arts programs. Several teams have competed successfully in IHSA, including the 2010 championship-winning girls' softball team, the debate team, boys' wrestling, varsity cheerleading, boys' and girls' cross-country and boys' swimming and diving. Several students have been ranked in the National Merit Scholarship Program for academic achievement.
- Fax: 708-361-9714
- Hours: Class hours: Mon - Fri, 7:05am - 3pm. Late-start class hours: Mon - Fri, 9:30am - 3pm. Office hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4pm.
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at street level.
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1954
- Number of students: 3,650
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 245
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Every student is required to perform 24 hours of volunteer-service learning in the community.
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Studio art, language and comp, literature and comp, stats, calculus, computer science, music theory, biology, chemistry, physics, environmental science, micro and macro economics, psychology, European and world history, American government
- Student clubs: Copy and paste this link into your browser for a full list of clubs and activities: https://district.d230.org/sandburg/Lists/CA/AllItems.aspx
- Sports teams: Badminton, baseball, basketball, bowling, cheerleading, cross-country, football, golf, gymnastics, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, track, volleyball, water polo, wrestling