Century Junior High School
Office: 708-364-3500, Absent hotline: 708-364-3535
Century Junior High School serves sixth- to eighth-grade students who live in the southwest area of Orland Park and Orland Township. Founded in 1996, Century is one of three junior highs within Orland School District 135.
Century students have the benefit of traditional math, science, English and social studies courses. But the "Wildcats" also have Spanish and German programs available, as well as computer literacy within the school's media center. An array of sports, performing arts and music programs are offered, as are other extracurricular activities such as student council and the tech club. Cynthia Finley serves as principal, with Laura Moss as assistant principal.
- Hours: Office hours: Mon - Fri, 7am - 4pm. School hours: Mon - Fri, 8:32am - 3:15pm or 7:41am - 3:15pm with zero hour classes.
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is at street level
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1996
- Number of students: 900
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 60
- Grade levels: 6 - 8
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities: Band, choir, declamation team, Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy programs, literary magazine, student council, yearbook
- Sports teams: Basketball, cross country, softball, track, volleyball
- Student clubs: Art, chess, math, science, tech