Christ Lutheran Church
Christ Lutheran Church has served the Orland Park area since 1888. Rev. Raymond Rohlfs currently serves as the Senior Administrative Pastor, along with Rev. Shawn Nettleton as Associate Pastor and Rev. Walter Ledogar as the Pastor Emeritus.
Tucked away just northeast of Orland Square Mall, the church is marked by a large pointed bell tower that chimes once daily on the hour. Carillons play seasonal hymns at 20 minutes past the hour, but only during the day.
A wide-array of classes and ministries are available for children, teens and adults—including bible study classes, local outreach programs, visitation for the sick and a variety of choir classes. Other events held at Christ Lutheran Church include the annual Vacation Bible School, family picnics, the Eggstravaganza and various other yearly activities held at the church's outdoor pavillion.
Weekday services with communion are held during Advent and Lent on Thursdays at 11am and 7pm, with a luncheon served after the morning service. There is also a pre-school on the premises. Visit the website for more information.
- Fax: 708-349-0668
- Hours: See website or call for schedule of services
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is at street level
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Lutheran
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes
- Number of students: 95
- Public/Private: Private
- Religious affiliation: Lutheran
- Student-to-teacher ratio: One teacher and one aide per class (additional aides brought in as needed)
- Number of faculty: Eight (not including aides)