High Point Elementary School District 135
Main office: 708-364-4400 Absent hotline: 708-364-4440
High Point Elementary School is a public school for students between third and fifth grades, living within central and west areas of Orland School District 135. Marianne Byrnes serves as principal and Nancy Stachura is the assistant principal.
Today's "Home of the Hornets" first opened in 1970 as part of the school district's expansion throughout that decade. High Point encourages students with basic English, math, science and social studies classes, but also with physical education, health, art and computer literacy.
- Hours: Office: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4pm. Classes: Mon - Fri, 8am - 2:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1970
- Number of students: 600
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 37
- Grade levels: 3 - 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Band, orchestra, choir, homework lab