Orland Fire Protection District Firehouse One and Administration Center
Administration office/non-emergency: 708-349-0074 In-district emergency: 911 Outside district emergency: 708-349-3121
The Orland Fire District provides fire protection and emergency medical services for residents living within about 33 square miles of Orland Park, Orland Hills and Orland Township. The district today is compoed of 115 firefighters and 48 civilian employees, and has existed in some form since 1894.
Firehouse One covers the area between West Avenue to the west, 159th Street to the south, 88th Avenue to the east, 144th Place to the north (east of LaGrange Road) and into Orland Grove Forest Preserve to the north (west of LaGrange Road). Built in 1974, the station is equipped with a ladder truck, an ambulance, a water pumping engine and a HAZMAT truck.
The Administration Center is behind Firehouse One, and includes the district's main offices, communications center and meeting place.
- Hours: Station: Daily, 24hrs. Administration office: Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is at street level.
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1974
- Services: Fire extinguishing, rescue operations; paramedic and EMT assistance for fires, vehicle accidents and other emergencies
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of trucks: 4
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Professional