It appears Saturday Night Live may have poked fun at the ongoing
debate about computer use policies at the Orland Park Public Library.
Seth Meyers during Weekend Update said "a library in Chicago is now allowing patrons to look at porn on their computers as long as they show ID first. Said people who look at porn in the library, 'no deal.'" (Go to 1:27 into the video for the segment)
Messages left with Saturday Night Live media relations staff were not immediately returned Sunday.
The SNL actor took liberties with the library's recently changed policy. The Orland Park Public Library is now asking for ID to be held for anyone using computers and library cards will be held for children without ID.
Read past posts related to the issue:
- Library Porn Viewing Sets Mother on a Mission in Orland
- Woman Changes Story About Man Touching Himself in Library
- The Orland Park Public Library's Statement on Computer Use
- Megan Fox's Full Statement on Pornography at the Orland Library
- Chief: 2 Incidents in 11 Years Where Library Should’ve Called Police
- 11 Years of Weird Incidents at the Orland Park Library
- Photo ID Required, Fees and Other Orland Library Computer Use Policy Changes
- Mayor Asks Orland Library to Consider Internet Filtering on All Computers
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on local news: