Allen Belaguas, of the 9100 block of Franklin Court in Orland Park,died at a Rainbow Hospice facilityat 5:35 p.m. Sunday, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Tom Lambert, 57, and Jan Lambert, 56, died of "thermal inhalation injuries" after breathing in the hot and smoke-filled air from the fire that started in their home on Dec. 18, according to the Daily Herald. The fire was ruled to be accidental. Belagus was a caregiver living at the Lamberts' home at the time of the blaze.
Fire officials responded to the Lamberts' two-story home at 1212 Field Court around 6:50 a.m. on Dec. 18. Crews responded to the scene within three minutes, bringing a total of 13 emergency vehicles, seven chief officers as well as a heavy rescue squad, according to the fire department.
Neighboring residents were evacuated from their home due to the risk of a ruptured natural gas line, but they were not injured.
Within 10 minutes of arriving to the scene, "fire personnel were removed from the building due to concern of a possible structural collapse," according to the fire department. Firefighters discovered the bodies of Tom and Jan Lambert once they were able to re-enter the home.
An 84-year-old man and 56-year-old woman also were taken to the hospital following the blaze, but their injuries were not life-threatening.